Sunday, April 03, 2005

Command files, dumps and data set item properties

I've been thinking a lot about internal structures. I'm thinking now that everything is almost right and that I should only make minor enhancements.

The disruptive item is commands. When sharing realms, I've decided that it is OK if not all the transactions/operations of a command are included. However, I will need a command file which is then referenced by transaction files. As it will be implemented at such a low level, it needs to be done with care. So the creation time of the command file will be the start of the command in the journal.

Oh! Hmm. If a command's transactions are split into two different dump files which are then loaded at different times, then the command really becomes two commands, as the two sets of transactions each have different start/end times.

Looks like I still have some thinking to do. ;-) I think I'll stick to plan and work on citations next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home