Sunday, February 03, 2008

good progress on COODBMS, searching

I've completed headlines and nearly completed keywords. But now I'm thinking about searches.

The headlines add a nice descriptive classifier to all Rolonic elements, but it would be great to search on those headlines. I'm thinking it wouldn't be too hard to build up some indexes and respond to a search request with the best N matches. Something worth thinking about anyway.

Once I finish keywords, I will likely go back to CowDb and simplify the API. Again. Then I can work on streaming, which lays some necessary groundwork for JOODBMS. But working on keywords has been fun. Turns out I overlooked the most common form of handle used in Classifier Sections--Symbolic Handles--which I've now added to COODBMS. (I need symbolic handles to implement the keywords csec.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home