Thursday, January 31, 2008

COODBMS progress, streaming

Progress on COODBMS has been rapid. I've just now completed the rewrite of the code. Now I need to update the samples and the docs.

The next step for COODBMS will be streaming:
  • XML => Rolon,
  • Rolon => XML and
  • Rolon => Rolon.

Streaming is a powerful mechanism. I've done a lot of work with streaming in the past, https://sourceforge.net/projects/jxquick but this time it will be much simpler/faster as I need only support rolonic structures. We'll use streaming to copy DSec, Rolons, etc. Streaming also lends itself to generating displays, but I'll not take it that far right now.

I also suspect that before working on streaming (which is needed for JOODBMS), I'm going to return to CowDb and work on the 1.1 release.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home