Monday, January 28, 2008

release of cowdb1.0.1? !

I've gone ahead and released 1.0.1, and still I have not updated the docs for 1.0.0! Well, there is a good reason for this.

First, I found a serious bug in the b-tree split logic. So I had to get that fix out the door. A good excuse anyway.

Second, in 1.0.1 I've finally split PHandle into 6 classes. It was way too confusing as a parameterized class. But while I was at it, I reworked CowdbFactory a bit and now you can add your own custom handle classes, should you be so bold.

Finally, when I write the docs I want to talk about how CowDb has 3 things, Nodes, Handles and Apps, the user defines roles as a combination of these and all 3 can be extended. So I really wanted to get 1.0.1 released before starting the docs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home