Wednesday, January 23, 2008

a truely wonderful disaster

Spent the whole day working on the new ListApp. I just ran two test cases and they both worked. But the API is disasterous--very difficult to use. Fortunately that is easily fixed with a few tweeks. So I am very happy with this disaster. Which is a good thing, because I've got a lot of work ahead of me.

In one sense this change is a tremendous simplification. I expect to be able to chop a lot of code out of COODBMS. There will only be two classes used to create structures in CowDb: Node and PHandle. But at the same time, there can be any number of much simpler helper classes creating Node companion objects to add a wide range of functionality to those nodes. So it is the best of both worlds, simple but rich.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home