Wednesday, January 30, 2008

plan for 1.1, progress on COODBMS

Just updated the CowDb with the feature plan for release 1.1. http://agilewiki.wiki.sourceforge.net/CowDb

I am also working on updating COODBMS to use the new CowDb API. Interesting how important the addition of the owner method in cowdb1.0.3 turned out to be in COODBMS.

Now I had said that COODBMS would be a thin layer over CowDb, but then I started cranking out a lot of code. With the new API, it is finally becoming that thin layer of my original vision. I do not believe that COODBMS will have much value except as an example illustrating the power of CowDb. (And as a necessary step towards JOODBMS which should be quite interesting.) I may even finish roughing out the code for COODBMS tomorrow and complete the conversion of the samples this weekend. Everything has just gotten a whole lot easier.

I've also decided not to implement calendar until JOODBMS. It is just not needed, as JUnit is really just a place holder for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home