Wednesday, November 23, 2005

TableDescriptorUnitDescriptorUnit

I'll confess, I always enjoyed playing with things like the class class. I've just finished writing the specs for 2.0.15 http://www.compstrm.org/wiki/uuid/EQ7UHDZ4oq9pdO12+NFgCR96 and now we have both DefaultDescriptorUnitDescriptorUnit and TableDescriptorUnitDescriptorUnit.

The nice thing here is that the meta knowledge is defined in Topic structures, rather than interwoven into the code. And it takes a very small driver, once all the structures are created.

I think we're nearing the end of the ugly duckling stage. 2.0.15 is still pretty heavy for the small functionality it gives you, but I think we will see this quickly reverse, with small incriments in structure/specs will yield a whole lot of capability. And if we do it right, that capability can be used to make the Ark easier to use, and perhaps even make it easier to learn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home