Friday, November 02, 2007

A Year at Fiorano

I've been with Fiorano now just a few days short of a year. It sure keeps me busy--I feel like my life has been put on hold. On the flip side, I've learned a great deal about managing multiple development teams and real product development. So the balance is still in favor of Fiorano.

Two months ago Rupali and I moved to a new appartment building, very close to ITPL in Bangalore--where one of my offices is located. (The other being in Hyderabad.) No phone service! There have been a lot of new appartment buildings going up in this area and none of the phone companies have layed any cables lately and they are all maxed out. So I've not had any internet access until lately--I've finally gone wireless. I miss broadband, but this service is managable and reasonably cheap at about $20 for 1GB of downloads each month.

I am still very interested in the ideas behind AgileWiki, but my time is still constrained. I'd like to do some very basic things--I've been quite disapointed with the fact that AW would crash occasionally and very much want to play in that area to begin with. Also, the high-speed b-tree implementation in the lower levels really gives competing databases a good run for their money and it is well worth extracting--providing we could come up with a crash-proof implementation!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home