Sunday, February 19, 2006

When is a tag not a tag?

LSecs and Remarks are now part of a role's ledgers, rather than being treated as children of a role. But wholeness and partness are NOT symetrical! LSecs and Remarks still have parents. Well, perhaps we could say that they are special children.

Now I'm thinking about tags, and I realize that so far I only have one tag, restrict. And perhaps it should not be a tag. Do we really want to find all roles which have a restrict tag? I think not. So restrict should be a classifier entry, like color or usage. And these are NOT inverted, unlike tags.

So lets have a cls- table for usage and restrict, and get rid of the usg- table. And lets then not think too much about tags until we have some. :-) Then maybe I can get back to finishing the descriptor units for Etc and Home. I think I've had enough rosebuds!

Bill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home