Wednesday, February 22, 2006

TKS tables--the key to implementing a Rolonic DataBase

When I first envisioned TKS tables, which are just ordered key/value pairs in the value of a property on a node/record, I knew I could finally implement the Ark as a database with a Rolonic API. But I could not explain why this structure was so important. I was just talking with Norm, and to him the reason was obvious. And I agree with his answer.

The answer is that structure and stream (space and time) are equally important. Structures must then support ordering or it will be constrained in its utility--as is all too typical of everything we do today when we program.

Conversly, my big conceptual breakthrough today that it is so trivial to implement applications on top of the Ark API is simply because typical implementations are excessively complicated because they do not handle time (changes over time / streaming) well.

Bill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home