Monday, September 19, 2005

pounding on email

Normally I don't usually have any problems when refactoring code. (Though I remember back in 1980 when I first was able to edit code using a monitor instead of punched cards--refactoring was a tough nut then. Experience helps a lot!) But the email code has been giving me problems.

Its now working for most cases (which is quite irritating). So I got a book (sf) and took a break yesterday. I need to change my testing methodology and start again fresh. The code was a bit more fragile than I had thought.

On a more positive note, I am happy to report that a display of 50 emails is significantly faster, which is important, as it was just too slow before. Some of the speedup is from not having to read the body of all those emails, and some is from not checking tag values for WikiNames.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home