Sunday, July 03, 2005

progress

Well, I got my UPS, and with a nice external battery. Except that its just a switch, so it takes 3 seconds to restore power. Great for my laptop, not so good for my Unix box. :-(

Then I found that my equipment is now hot--there's a ground circuit problem too! On the plus side, we are no longer experiencing repeated long power outages. So I had finally got some productive work time.

Headers are now being displayed everywhere. You can even select which headers and in what order.

The next step is to get ready for LEnts. So the l and crl commands become ls and crls. Then I start adding LEnts.

So what's the difference between LSecs and LEnts?
  • A LEnt has no subordinate LSecs or Remarks
  • A LEnt can only occur under a LSec
  • A LEnt has no name.

Not having a name is really the interesting part. (It really does have a generated name, but lets not get picky.) It means we're dealing with just data. So we can have processes which generate LEnts without requiring a user-friendly name for each one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home