Thursday, June 30, 2005

good progress on Unix, bad news, good news, bad news

Got the latest version of CS2Wiki running on a Solaris 10 system today. Still there are a few niggling details. But no show stoppers. I'll release them soon. The main thing is that you need to install the Berkeley DB version 4.3 from sleepycat--it is included in the Windows release of Python, but not in the source version that you install on a Unix system.

The bad news is that the hosting company I found was really only just a web hosting company, though they say they do hosting.

Now for me the really good news is that I started using the CS2Wiki at work today, both for managing a program that we offer to small ISVs and to handle the extreme amount of email we all get. So I'm adding a LOT of content to the ark, and running on Unix at that!

I managed to crash the Wiki twice, but haven't had much time to look into the tracebacks. And that's the bad news.

But to end on a good note, I expect I'll be using the ark now every day at work for an hour or so, converting a pile of emails into easily managed knowledge structures. :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home