Sunday, March 20, 2005

pick list done, qualified references

I've been doing a lot more refactoring than usual for me. Things are looking good. I've finished the pick list for ambiguous references and even re-accelerated visible data sets in preperation for advanced citation processing.

Its been a very good weekend. But still a ways to go. I'm thinking that qualified references are next.

Using a data set name to qualify the reference to a page means that you can identify a particular page (when there are two visible pages with the same name in different data sets).

It also allows you to make references to "distant" pages which are not in a visible data set. In this case, the data set must be referenceable (or visible), and the page must be referenceable (or visible) from the data set.

Yes, I want to allow a qualified reference like {ds/page}, where ds is a grandparent rather than a parent of page. More power, but at a cost of more complex citation processing. ;-/

Once I've got qualified names, then its on to citation processing. (Right now, the citation logic is not up to date.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home