Thursday, January 27, 2005

progress on moving relations1 to datasets

I've renamed the findWellKnown command to fi, making it consistent with the cri command. Another useful command, mki, creates an item in the dataset if there is not already an item by the same name. Note that these are all commands on the DataSet capability.

Now the problem I face is that I am at a data item (i.e. a well known file) and I need to create another (sibling) file. I want to infer both the directory and the dataset from the current dataitem, and create another such item by a new name if there is no item by that name in the same dataset. So now I need more smarts on the WellKnown capability.

So conversion of the Relations1 example is going slowly. But hopefully this process will yield a number of usefull TKI commands.

I took today (Thursday) off from programming (except for this and the previous post) and will likely also take off Friday. Then back to it this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home