Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Low-level integration of types from diverse sources

Another holiday here (Wednesday) in India. Perhaps I can finally make some progress on the Relations1 example.

It seems such a long slow path sometimes. My "immediate" goal is implementing containers (DataSets) for managing diverse types of WellKnown items via a web interface, i.e. a Wiki that supports more than just Wiki Pages.

What takes time, of course, are changes--even small changes--in direction. I had been contemplating something like DataSets for some time, but my initial implementation was application data dump files. I feel strongly that an application (a use) should be able to draw on types from any number of implementations (applications).

Of course, the real key here is abstracting out the data management capabilities (DataSet and WellKnown) from various applications/implementations. This is what will allow the intermixing of diverse types from different software sources at a moderately low-level of granularity. And this is what keeps me plugging.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home