Thursday, June 12, 2008

You know you are doing something right when...

In the Rolonics world view, everything has for major aspects: wholeness, partness, structure and stream. Now these are the four packages under the elements package in the COWDB2 object model. Seems fitting.

I've always wondered why I could not implement a Rolonics database in a Rolonic fashion. I've tried for years to incorporate Rolonics into the implementation. Finally, it looks like I'm getting there. I just seemed to me that if Rolonics was so all-encompassing, I should be able to use it no matter what I was programming. The turning point was in implementing elements as aggregates, where each of the objects in the aggregate was for a different aspect of the element.

Now the exciting thing about all this is that the functionality of the elements divides up so nicely into different aspects, where normally aspects are all interwoven through the code base. This is just another indication to me that there is something very very right Rolonics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home