Wednesday, March 12, 2008

it works now, sortof

We've now got a client-side binder for the new client-drm. And we're now processing responses from the server.

Now I've jsut been working on the client block utility, nothing really interesting or very usable. Tomorrow I've got to make it more robust and then convert it to a base class (it IS only one small class) and crank out the full set of client utilities: block, unblock, create branch, fork branch, et al. Once that's in shape I can turn my attention to transaction and query processing.

The good news is that it is a very light-weight client. I've only got 3 small classes so far: BlockUpdates, ObjectModel and Binder. And that's very cool. Of course, things are a bit incomplete here and there. But I don't think that the client will grow very much even so. Hey, the client jar is only 51KB right now, including base64, and requires no other jar files.

Well, there is one big thing that needs to be addressed--RoleML scripting. That's a bunch of code that needs to be added to ObjectModel. But I'm studiously ignoring it until we have a working set of utilities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home