Monday, February 18, 2008

The Document Rolon Model (DRM)

After the release this morning I took some time off and just watched tv. Taking time off is always difficult--I get bored before I've really had enough of a break to come back to AgileWiki fully recharged. Rupali spent the day running errands so I had an especially quiet day. Time to reflect a bit, but not really enough time away from it all.

I see the the DRM now playing a larger role now, but the code just isn't there. For example, there is currently a 1-1 mapping between roles and subclasses of ElementModel and that is pretty restrictive. Overall the methods are pretty restrictive. That's a good thing in a scripting language, but not so good in a modeling tool. I also see a need for the factory to handle element instantiation the same way it handles persistent object instantiation--you give the factory a role and it returns an object. This will be very helpful when binding XML => DRM.

From the above, you may be thinking that I'm getting ready to make the database an independent process. You would be right, but there are bunches of things to be done before that. Like implementing ACLs--which is also a ways away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home