Saturday, February 16, 2008

A Check Register?

There are a lot of things that I could work on at this point, too many in fact. But what would add the most clarity and the most utility? I think it is time to work on a better example than String2!

A check register sounds to me like a great first sample application. It is simple. It is transactional. Having a journal seems like a good thing for something like a check register. And it would allow me to knock off some of the rough edges. It should not require any special capabilities that aren't already present in COODBMS. And a check register is something most folk can relate to. Sounds idea to me.

There will two major components to a check register: (1) an API for entering transactions specific to a check register and (2) some application logic which resides in COODBMS which tracks the running balance.

Sounds like fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home