Sunday, February 17, 2008

creating a new check register

Gosh, I put on my application programmer hat and I get a very different opinion of how things should be done! I've just written a first draft of the code to create a check register. I started by writing a script to do it, but then it dawns on me that I don't want a messy JSec which reflects a series of actions to create the account--I want the JSec to contain a single JEnt which creates the account.

So I have implemented a DEnt now which creates a check register. Still I'm using RoleML, but extended to work at the application level. It seems to make the most sense to me. At the same time, it makes sense to have the low-level operations as there is still pleanty of use for them. But it is clear to me that application programmers will want to create custome DEnts which perform application-specific operations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home