Thursday, May 04, 2006

Image content

When I was at the FOSS conference in Banglore, back in October, I was advised to add images. Good advice, especially as documents are displayed as HTML.

So I am thinking, a rolon can have an image as its document content, with classifiers giving its height and width. then when WikiWords in a document are transformed for display into HTML, if a WikiWord names a rolon with image content, the WikiWord is replaced with the HTML for displaying that image. There's only one complication...

The AwSwing client will need to implement a protocol handler for accessing images downloaded from the AwServer. I've done things like this before, but never for images.

There's also a complication with AwServlet. Servlets don't normally serve up images.

I think this will come later, unless someone else wants to work on it.

Bill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home