Sunday, April 30, 2006

when it is too simple, there are endless complications

I've so far managed with only one type of document--and considering how little functionality has been implemented to date, that's really not suprising!

Now I'm treating the document attached to a rolon as HTML. Ooops! Request events are stored in the document of a JSec. OK, so I convert that to HTML. But I'm uncomfortable with this, as it reduces the utility of the data. I'd rather store request events as text/plain and then convert to text/html on display. Easy enough to whip up a content descriptor entry. But when should the conversion be done? Hmm. I could even store the request event as text/xml.

I think the best, and most obvious place, to do the conversion is in the client. We just need to carry the content type.

Bill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home