Friday, April 28, 2006

this and that

I've now fixed cursor positioning in AwServlet to handle forms. I've also renamed this project from AgileWiki3 to AwServlet. You will also notice (on svn) that I've added a README.txt file for AwServlet. Guess I'm getting ready for the next release. :-)

There is an applicability error in the commands I've just converted to forms--they don't check to see if the user is Guest. Gotta fix that, though I've been using that bug for the initial work on AwServlet's forms processing. And the next biggie is user registration--lots of JavaScript needed to encode the passwords.

Tonights going to be a bit crazy, what with Rupali arriving in Bangalore at 3AM. But its a 3-day weekend (no work Monday), so I may just be able to finish form processing and release it. And that finally puts the infrastructure to bed for a while.

Meanwhile I've been thinking about how multiple Arks (the backends) can network. All I really need to do is have a proxy exchange method in PortalInterface. But. Each Ark would need a unique name. And there needs to be a list of the publicly accessible Arks with which proxies should be exchanged. And at a minimum, a user should be given the option of interacting directly (via the client) with any known Ark currently on-line. Call it a network of resources. Of course, it only gets interesting when there are Cabinet proxies so wiki pages can reference pages in other Arks. :-) But when will I get to this? :-(

Bill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home