Friday, April 07, 2006

A bit of a cheat

Swing and NetBeans seem to want tables to occupy a fixed area. The default is to provide scroll bars for when tables get large. I'm used to the reverse, where a table just takes up as much room as it needs and the scroll bar is on the entire display.

Should I fight it? Not now. And if I learn to live with it, it's easy enough methinks to do the same in HTML, mm?

So my cheat then is to us a tabbed pane for the body and let each element (doc, LSecs, Children, etc) be allocated the bulk of the window when selected/displayed.

Now the part that I really don't like is that parents has become part of the body in the defaultUI for the default display. So be it! It can always be moved later to the header. Its just going to be ugly for a while. :-(

Now what are the implications for other UI models? Too early to tell. Still learning as I go.

Bill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home