Friday, February 24, 2006

The help application!

Help is now interactive. This is done by creating an evaluator, HelpEvaluator, which evaluates user input and preserves session state. Really its pretty simple, and serves as a nice example of an interactive application.

It occurs to me that the order command should also be interactive. But it will be a while until I get there.

It also occured to me today that the Ark server can initially be single threaded. I'll just need to use the nio selector to handle multiple sessions. I've also got a fine collection of ideas on how to make the Ark scalable. Yes, I've been dreaming about Sun's T1 chip! But I think the Ark framework can safely remain single threaded for quite some time.

Now, having had my fun playing with interactive Help, it is time to work on flushing out the Ark API, mm?

Meanwhile, note that the jar files were included in alpha7. So if you've got Java5 and just want to play with it... :-)

Bill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home