Monday, October 10, 2005

3 steps backward, it seems

Last night I was working on the specs for what I thought was going to be a simple access control system. But it got complex fast. I think there are some underlying issues that I need to address first. But more to the point, I'm thinking I need to put DescriptorUnits to good use BEFORE working any more on access control. Why have a big fancy lock on an empty house???

After retiring (in India), Norm then spent the day (in the US) trying to use the Ark. He ran into some problems (reported on the forum). I did the quick fix to 2.0.3, but I want to replace the ch command so we don't always have these non-header header problems.

So lets toss the schedule. Its time to admidt that I need to work on basics before I can actually project a schedule. The difficulties I am facing here are all due to the fact that version 2 is quite different from version 1, and I still need to come to grips with that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home