Sunday, October 02, 2005

3 conclusions

I had a delightful chat last night, and then some intense IM (Yahoo) with Norm this morning. He findes the 4-number versioning I've proposed acceptable. (He had not liked the mixed versioning system I have been using to date in version 2.) So I will be using the 4-number system, outlined in my previous blog, going forward.

I've also been mulling over tag references and the new du property. And I've reached a few conclusions. The first is that I like the default DescriptorUnits as I've outlined for 2.0.2. But when the DescriptorUnit for a Topic is set explicitly, since am now restricting the selection to a DescriptorUnit (Topic) in the same Cabinet, then the property should be a non-symbolic (UUID) reference. This will add some speed exactly where it will be needed most.

The other conclusion I've reached deals with references by headers and tags, though tags may not contain the '{' or '}' characters. References and citations should otherwise work the same for both, but when a header or tag value contains one or more '/' characters, the value should also be treated as a reference. (Currently only when a Header value contains a ProperWikiName or when all or some of the value is enclosed in braces is the value checked for references.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home