Saturday, March 26, 2005

second thoughts on second class user objects

I'm thinking that I should do a very restricted implementation of second class user objects initially. Just impliment an indexed file list, where the user can maintain the ordering. I'll have enough on my hands extending visibility and referencability to include secondary objects. (You should be able to see the second class objects of the current well known and direct ancestor data sets, and reference the second class objects of all visible well knowns.) Qualified naming syntax remains the same--everything is separated by '/'.

I'm also going to need to rework dump to include anything referenced by an external property in place of following dataset item properties.

So I'll need to rework the Phonebook1 example considerably, chopping out the 2 extra datasets in the process.

After that, I can start working on references and citations. But first, I still need to fix that cc command.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home