Sunday, February 20, 2005

512kbps dsl in Bangalore ;-)

Yesterday (Saturday) Airtel gave me a 512kbps dsl connection. Very nice. And paid for by my employer, Sun Microsystems. Max bytes transfered is 4GB/month, after which I must pay Rs1.4 per MB. (About $33/GB.)

So we bought some speakers and a hub (the Airtel-provide router only had one port), a powerstrip, keyboard and mouse (keyboard and mouse were left in Raipur, along with a nice eithernet switch). Eventually I plan to be running Solaris on my desktop.

Toys are always fun, as long as they work. And a little internet radio is helpful when living in Bangalore. (Of course, there's satalite radio here too.)

RS 175 Keyboard
100 Mouse
550 900 Watt speakers with woofer
100 Power strip with surge supressor
1050 8-port hub
------
RS1975 (About US$47)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home