Saturday, April 19, 2008

travel plans, versioning

Making a quick trip to Bangalore, so I will be off-line and without a computer until Thursday. Before I go, I'll release the changes to COODBMS made so far. (I'll likely be busy today on other things.)

I've been thinking about version control, which is a nice capability to build applications on, if done reasonably well. We will have this capability once I manage to do the planned enhancements to the Journal, but there is another small hole--the import commands. As implemented, the import commands do not update an existing entry, so we need another set of commands for updating documents held by COODBMS. THEN we can put together some journal commands which will give us access to the history, and past versions, of a document. And yes, this all needs to be a part of COODBMS 1.0.

Of course, it will not be a SVN replacement unless we can put together a client that provides reasonably good support. But I'll leave that as a project for someone else. (I've got enough to do already.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home