Monday, February 25, 2008

The names have been changed to protect the innocent

I am very much behind on my writing and it is about time that I give it the appropriate focus/effort. I'll start once I've spent a bit more time with the DRM. But before beginning, some of the names used in the code need to be changed. Indeed, the worst offenders are the app attributes, which are really not attributes at all. (And all the worse because we already have real attributes and this is just too confusing.) So the attribute apps have been renamed to entry apps--which is consistent with Rolonic nominclature.

The other area that needed to be addressed was elements/nodes. In the common package we have elements and in the DRM we have element models. So for consistency, the CowDb Node class has been renamed to be Element and the COODBMS CNode has become RolonicElement.

My appologies to everyone who has been following the development of AgileWiki, but I believe these changes will be helpful for newbies. (And aren't we all really just newbies at this point?) I believe these changes will also make it much easier to explain the code/concepts to others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home