Saturday, September 30, 2006

Using inferences in name resolution

Yesterday I was working on /UserGuide and was about to cover the infoset command when I realized that it has a bug--it is not displaying references--which are important when working with facet classifiers. Gotta fix that.

But this morning I was struck by the obvious. Semantic relations should be used in resolving names. If Fred's Mother is Sally, then a reference to Mother should resolve to Sally. Further, if it can be infered that Fred's Mother is Sally, a reference to Mother should also be resolved to Sally. It is so obvious. And useful. This I've gotta work on.

Previously I was thinking of applying references to the topics or names command and decided that it was just too difficult. But applying references to name resolution should work quite nicely.

Bill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home