Thursday, August 24, 2006

past copy

Well, I got up before 5AM today and put a bit of time in on the copy command. Added provisions for making copies of eariler states, not just present ones.

Overall it is going well. I'm done with the GUI and now focused on the API. But I am finding AW3 ever so much richer than AW2. Rolons can NOT now be copied without a valid DU. And things like Tables may require special logic, as the description of the rows is in the Table's DU.

One of the new complications here is that things like the Include CSec have embeded rids. That's all got to be handled by either specialized logic, metadata in the DU, or a combination of both. (Of course, the intent is to make the metadata rich enough that application-specific Rolons will not require specialized logic for container-level activity like copy.)

I'm guessing at this point that I'll be done some time this weekend.

Bill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home