Sunday, June 04, 2006

finished with the GUI for now

The new wiki interface was included in release alpha-25. But I found that disliked having the document content, Ledger Sections and Children displayed one after another on the web page--it is too easy to miss the presense of a ledger section.

I've since added tabs to the web pages in the form of a simple header bar in the IFRAME. This header bar indicates the elements present as well as a means of displaying the selected element. And this enhanced display is for both wiki and rolonic views.

Finally, I moved the classifier entries in the rolonic view out of the header, on both web pages and the Swing display. And I think that's it for now. There are more pressing items calling for my attention.

There are then 2 major areas which need to be worked on asap: commands and database utilities. We can probably manage for a while with the existing command set, but the lack of database utilities keeps AW3 in alpha and prevents it from being self hosting. (Why invest the effort in content when you can't back it up?)

So I will be focusing on the database utilities now. Hopefully I can complete them this month.

Things are going well.

Bill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home