Wednesday, June 07, 2006

an easy morning, but still some good progress

Yesterday I got up at 3:30AM to work on AW, and then put in a full day at work. Needless to say, I was a bit tired and went to bed early. So I got up late this morning--5AM. :-)

The main database file has had a file lock on it for some time now. It prevents two servers from running at once. But still, I have been experiencing crashes when one server is stopped and the other starts running.

This morning I tried putting a file lock on the before image file. That shouldn't make a difference--the other file is always opened first. But I don't seem to be having the problem I was before. So I think I may have fixed a problem--time will tell.

Two other things I did this morning. First, I changed the scope of the crCabinet command. An AdMin can now create a cabinet from any role. I.E. Not from a JSec. And, of course, Cabinets are always children of the Ark.

Next, I added a new command, crDrawer. Again, the scope of this command is role. And Drawers are always created under the current Cabinet or the Ark.

Now once I've added crFolder and crPage, I can drop the crTopic command. And then we've solved the child/peer issue.

Bill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home