Sunday, November 06, 2005

The Ark is an ugly duckling!

Access controls are getting closer. I just wrote the specs for 2.0.10, which limits some operations on DescriptorUnits to users with the config role. I'll note that this is the shortest set of access control specs that I've written to date, and pretty easy to implement. Of course, I've still got to implement 2.0.9, first.

Version 2.0.8 and 2.0.9 are important, as we are now further limiting the applicable command set. This reduces the apparent complexity of the Ark to a new user. Unfortunately, it also adds complexity. I feel like I just grafted a long neck onto a baby duck. Its an ugly duckling, but hopefully it will mature to become a graceful swan.

The Ark is now officially in the ugly duckling phase of development!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home