Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Is CS2Wiki almost done?

Is CS2Wiki almost done? Well, sortof. I don't think there are any more features for this generation. But it is time to focus on making it work better--something I like to spend some time on at the end of each generation.

Case in point, the new chlsc command. This command lets you build a complete table by pasting a csv file from your favorate spreadsheet program into its edit box. Or you can use it to quickly reorder the rows in the table. Or even past the results of a prior lec command! But quick is something of a misnomer here. The more rows and the more columns in the table, the slower it gets. And this is quite noticable even on small tables. :-(

Well, I think I can speed up one dimension, anyway. I should be able to drasticly reduce the time it takes for wide tables. Anyway, that's my plan.

I also want to eliminate the need for redundent logins. Maybe put together a slide presentation. Perhaps start a simple tutorial. Take a little time-out, as it were, before starting in on CS3Wiki.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home