Saturday, February 26, 2005

wiki working, strange conditions

Got the Wiki working, but I'm not entirely satisfied. The problem is all rooted in the cludge, limiting pages to those in the Main dataset.

The problem is that a wiki page is first created, then added to a dataset. So at the time of creation, a wiki page is not in the Main dataset. Ouch! So I've cludged things up to work. I expect to pull out all the cludges later.

Hmm. Part of the problem is I'm tracking things by well known name, which means lots of duplicates across multiple datasets. But if I'm viewing a page and want to see its journal, I've got a better way to identify the page: file name.

The advantage here is that when accessing by file name, you're not qualifying by dataset. So the cludge effect is limited.

Something to try anyway. This is a learning experience, as it is the first time I've tried to do an intersection search over time. I thought this was going to be easy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home