Sunday, March 02, 2008

future plans

I've got 3 things on the list for COODBMS:
  1. Convert queries to use RoleML. This project will begin with a rework (more code cleanup!!!) of JTransaction.
  2. Access Control. (A rewrite of AgileWiki3's access control)
  3. Client/Server via socketts.

I suspect that I'll move COODBMS to beta once we have RoleML based queries, as Access Control in many ways is an application.

Now are socketts the right kind of client/server? I'll note that AgileWiki3 used RMI, but this causes problems for non-Java clients. And as everything will be passed over the socketts as XML documents, RMI just adds extra overhead. Another advantage of not using RMI is that we can then have callbacks/notifications. I'm thinking that advanced clients would have a cash of rolons and the server could send notifications when a rolon "of interest" is updated... Just a thought for now.

2 Comments:

At Mon Mar 03, 06:07:00 AM GMT+5:30, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, (been away for a while)
if you implement the killer feature "notification" I'll implement a ruby interface to the dbms.

keep on the good work!
peter

 
At Mon Mar 03, 11:55:00 AM GMT+5:30, Blogger Bill la Forge said...

Peter,

With encouragement like that, how can I not implement it?

Cheers!

Bill

 

Post a Comment

<< Home