Wednesday, September 06, 2006

entities, precursors to applications

I realized this morning that before we can address applications effectively, we need to be able to define entities and collections of entities.

An entity, in AW terms, is a Topic. It could be a person, a political movement, an idea, a phone number, an address, or my cat, Sassy.

Entities of course have structure/state/ledger. And if we define Ledger Entries, then likely we can more easily process that kind of entity in an application. So for each type of entity, we'll want to define the LEnt table which describes those Ledger Entries.

But what interests me more are the relationships. I've got a pet, a residence, a wife, relatives, phones, an employer, etc., and partness is not going to be a reasonable relationship for all of these. And tagMatch is really good for relationships to streams of entities, but not for the more structural/static relationships. Perhaps include? No, that is good for namespace extension but is not really a relationship.

Well, we could abuse include a bit. Say I have an include CSec called wife. That's using a convention, which could work. But it doesn't get us all the way there.

Lets say we have a topic called "wife", and a CSec "triple" that has me, my wife, and "wife". I.E. A semantic relationship. Is that the way to go? Note that there are 4 rolons involved here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home