Thursday, April 20, 2006

Plans for the week

Anil (my brother-inlaw) is getting married! Tomorrow I fly to Jaipur for the wedding in the bride's home town, then continue on to Raipur by train for the reception in Anil's home town, as is traditional.

Of course, my laptop goes with me and I expect to have some free time during this. My intent then is to focus on cleanup and enhancements. I'd like to eliminate the prompt event, as it is now unchanging and therefore redundent. I'd like to convert all commands except queries to use forms--like the restrict command. Add a headline to Journal Sections which can be entered from the form which requests an update to the database. And convert the help display into menus, as well as making the Swing interface fully keyboard navigatable. Then eliminate the command entry. No, I don't expect to have time for all of this, but I can make a good start. :-)

I've also been thinking that there should be another layer between Ark and Cabinets--companies. Each company would have its own users, and there would be NO interconnections. A company, and even its presense, would be invisible until you login to that company. (The login form then would have an additional field--company. But this is likely not for this coming week.

Bill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home