Tuesday, March 14, 2006

AgileWiki.ark.tks.cachefile

I started work on the cachefile this morning, and I'm off to a good start.

It is nice to see the code getting simpler in some ways, as the cache package now handles the clearing of cache entries when an abort occurs. So the cachefile no longer needs to deal with restoring the content of invalidated cache entries.

Like the cache package, cachefile need to become aware of nested transactions. I figure I might as well move the functionality of the btree.TranFile class into cachefile. Sometimes having fewer classes makes things easier to understand. And it is hard to justify TranFile when everything under it must already be transaction-aware.

Probably another day on cachefile. After that, the btree package should go pretty quickly. So I'm still looking at finishing all this by the weekend. Of course, I expect there will be a lot of debugging at some point. :-}

Bill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home