Friday, January 20, 2006

moving on, faster and better

I'm calling 2.2.1.1 beta, but it could probably still use some testing. Meanwhile I've started on 2.2.2. Now I'm wrapping the entire genjnl as a single transaction and it is pleasntly fast. :D Still a bunch of debugging to do--I've broken journals at the moment. But all the low-level code is written.

Once 2.2.2 is working, I'll need to update every AW command that modifies the database. Fortunately they don't all need to be done at the same time. I expect to see the crc command speed up a bit more. (I'm already seeing it in genjnl.)

After 2.2.2, I've some ideas on how to make destroy much faster by enhancing TKI. This then will make it more reasonable to destroy large structures. (A very slow operation at the moment.)

Bill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home