Saturday, January 14, 2006

most wonderful progress, some stats

No, its not all working yet. The web server is experiencing a few bugs. BUT!

I'm running with a blksize of 8K.
I restore'd my test environment in 7 min.
And then installContent took another 2 min.

Three files were produced:
  • AgileWiki.dmp --the new log file, 8.9MB,
  • AgileWiki.wdb --the database, 51.8MB and
  • AgileWiki.wdbb --the before-image file, 1.1MB.

Now the file sizes are just wonderful. And I'll note that the .dmp file is in the same form as other .dmp files--we could use it to build the database doing a modified restore. (But not good for migration to a new release, as it includes the AwDocs and AwiDocs cabinets.)

Timings are also looking good. But the real test, of course, comes after I get the wiki server running.

Now I really do need a break. I'll confess that I was quite nervious while the restore ran this first time.

Bill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home