Thursday, January 26, 2006

first draft of CacheFile in Java

You can find the first draft of CacheFile at http://agilewiki.org/AgileWiki3/src/aw3/wdb/

Its starting to shape up nicely. I've also decided to try to use java.util.TreeMap (red/black binary tree algorithm) to hold the content of a block. This should work a whole lot faster than doing inserts into a list.

One of the pain points here was creating/parsing the byte arrays for disk I/O. But at least its done with.

I have my hopes on a database that is light on both CPU and Disk I/O. But then, I'm a dreamer.
It should at least use less cpu than the Python code and also use no additional Disk I/O.

I've also worked out some nice caching logic for the new table concepts--caching in TKCS was very hit or miss, and a lot of things were simply not cached.

Bill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home