Wednesday, August 10, 2005

email headers--just too much

My first hack at email headers was to build a list of headers to be excluded from most displays. That didn't work very well. There seems to be an endless number of email headers in use. And all those headers are slowing things down, besides looking quite ugly.

So I figure I'll create a "AllHeaders" LSec for each mail, with all the email headers there as TextContent, not as headers, keeping only from and subject on the top-level email lsec.

I may also need to keep a few more headers, like content-type, but these I can exclude from most displays.

Once headers are under control I can then start looking at displaying the email content in a better form.

Shouldn't take too long. I'm also thinking that soon after finalizing header processing, 1.6 can go beta.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home