Saturday, June 18, 2005

new user, more bug reports--a confession

I'll admidt it--I am not in the habit of using my own tool, CS1Wiki. (Did you know, CS1Wiki has no google matches! Sounds like a good name choice.)

I'm taking a web course and was taking hand notes, as is my habit. Half way through the course, it struck me--use CS1Wiki. And it worked very nicely.

A Wiki is not normally a good tool for note taking. With structure implemented in content and names, its not very agile. CS1Wiki changes all that. You can easily reorganize things on the fly as you add content.

And by using structure to isolate what you're working on, I expect that you could even use a public CS1Wiki for note taking. You could even share and colaborate on the notes during the meeting.

As for the bugs, I found <> displayed as < and >. And there was no way to escape a { or }. Gotta fix that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home