Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Alive and well and living in Bangalore

Bangalore was, fortunately, uneffected by receint disasters, as it is not close to the coast of India. Things are calm here, though not joyful.

Rupali and I signed a lease last night for a nice 2-bedroom appartment in a quiet area, less than a killometer from the office. Lots of other things are falling into place as well, and I've finally assembled the paperwork for foreign registration. Tonight our furnature should be shipped from Raipur--I just hope it gets here soon.

My initial assignment at Sun is to become familiar with portals (and related components). I've seen a lot of this before, but that was a few years ago when I was working with Anil.

Portals are interesting, as they are the inverse implementation of what is intended with CompStrm. A lot of the features and processes have analogs (or intended analogs) in CompStrm.

Now with internet access only from the office for the time being, I'm inclined to put off further development of CompStrm for a while yet.

Finally, I'd like to note that CompStrm itself is an attempt to build a computing platform that meets the base requirements of a former client. His blog can be found at http://ontologist.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home